Beauty - “I am Sorry”
Beauty - “I am Sorry”
Right actions in the future are
the best apologies for bad actions in the past."
Tryon Edwards
Sitting crossed legs with shoe on, feet hanging
above the floor, on the leg side of unusual high bed; all in one room –
drawing, dinning, bed, guest, patient, living, doing nothing room, also wash
room attached, full with so many, asked one
of my younger dear ones, sitting on a white plastic armed chair next to me, to hand me over the remote
of the TV that was lying on a sofa beneath the TV and just an arm’s length from
him, but was replied with, “Pick up yourself”: thought it was just jokingly,
asked once, asked again for handing me
over the remote: but was retorted in very angry voice high pitch: “You can’t
give me orders, you are in the habit of dictating.”,
I was stunned; had no answer at all, was unable to apprehend, what had happened:
what to do or not to do, to avoid
bickering unnecessary being a guest: so embarrassing it was: I appeared blank
to myself: it was, “I am Sorry” repeated thrice from the core of my heart with
all humility at my command, in distinctive audible voice, came handy and pacifying
too: realized how beautiful these words are: they are more than this, when said
for somebody else behalf, “ I am also Sorry”, they are so simple, known to everybody,
so purposeful too. A little later
changed the topic and found, “I am sorry x 3” reached the correct destination
with results prompt.
“I am sorry”, quickly and sincerely said, even
if you do not consider yourself wrong is a wonderful tool for stress
management, tension, anxiety, time management, happiness and to save situations
getting ugly: it many a times sets the things right immediately, may be for the
time being, providing the other time to rethink and cases are not uncommon when
the other comes with solutions, responsibility, acceptance, realisation and
clarity. It is valuing your relationships more than your ego and attitude that
too negative one. It is fresh corrective step to long wonderful future. It is
tool that analyses the moods, characters, temperaments and situations too. Do
not be afraid to say, “I am sorry” and remember “I am also sorry” can solve the
problems and issues of everyone in whose company you happen to be, however it
is not everybody’s cup of tea, one must have guts and strength to accept and say
with commitment and truth.
Many work place seniors are quick enough to
rebuke in the morning meeting and equally quick rather more to say “Sorry” in
the evening more by actions than words some sugar coated too, some offered a
cup of coffee too. Such a situation when comes accept it with a smile so in the
case with Saas-Bahu relation typical of my state may be others too.
“I am sorry”, when forced as a compromise may look
like to hit one’s self esteem, but fact is it closes a black chapter without
other consequences hence good enough, accept with a smile not guilt.
When your inner accepts that you have done
wrong to someone, it is time to say “Sorry” to your own self. This self realization
a divine quality many long for; say with your actions it will add positivity to
your personality: a mine of goodness.
To say sorry is a pearl of one’s personality
not a chain; it embraces and forgives and forgets fast. Make it your best
friend; add peace and positivity to your routine short, perpetual and long.
"The weak can never forgive.
Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
Mahatma Gandhi
Comments
Post a Comment